State Rep. Darren Soto will host an education forum Monday night.
The forum will be held at Osceola High School, which is located at 420 S. Thacker Ave., from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Some of the topics up for discussion are Amendment 8, new civic standards, transition to common core, FCAT, high stake testing, homeschooling and the “Nubia Report.”
Along with Soto, the panel will consist of:
- Polk County School District Superintendent Dr. Sherrie Burnette Nickell
- Dist. 1 Osceola County School Board Member Jay Wheeler
- Dist. 3 Orange County School Board Member Rick Roach
- Dist. 5 Brevard County School Board Member Andy Ziegler
- Dist. 1 Polk County School Board Member Hunt Berryman
Questions for the forum can be submitted via email to Darren.Soto@myfloridahouse.gov.
If you need any further information, contact Cecilia Figueroa at (407) 846-5187, (407) 249-4743 or Cecilia.Figueroa@myfloridahouse.gov.