- The Voting Rights Act (VRA) is a historic and hard-won victory of the Civil Rights Movement that protects the voices of all Americans at the ballot box. But today, in states across the country, some Americans are the victims of racial discrimination and are struggling to exercise their right to vote after the Supreme Court gutted key pieces of the Voting Rights Act in 2013. Since this decision, several states have passed laws that have eliminated early voting, changed registration requirements, and closed polling locations in low income communities that prevent citizens from exercising their lawful right to vote. Food and drinks will be provided!
- Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- registration – what it takes to get registered how to do it
- attacks on voting rights – legislation and trends
- impact of voting rights on various communities – how do law and policy changes impact various communities
- voter education – how can voters learn more and educate themselves on the process, changes, information sources
Each KYRS workshop is FREE and open to the public!
FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE SERVED at every workshop!
ALL AGES welcome!
– For more information on the Know Your Rights Series and other workshops, please visit: http://