School Board Vice Chairman Kathleen “Kat” Gordon and Orange County commissioners Pete Clarke and Victoria Siplin host District 5 Community Update
Feb.17, 2015 – Orange County School Board Vice Chairman “Kat” Gordon and Orange County Commissioners Pete Clarke and Victoria Siplin will host a District 5 Community Update, Thursday, Feb. 26, 2015, at 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the Ronald Blocker Educational Leadership Center, located at 445 West Amelia St., Orlando, FL 32801. School Advisory Council, PTA and other parent-teacher organization (PTO) members, parents, and community residents are invited and encouraged to attend to hear updates on educational and community issues.
Also scheduled to be present:
* U.S. Congresswoman Corrine Brown, Orlando staff
* U.S. Senator Bill Nelson, Orlando staff
* U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, Orlando staff
* Senator Geraldine Thompson, Florida Senate
* Representative Bruce Antone, Florida House of Representatives
* Representative Mike Miller, Florida House of Representatives
* U.S. Congressman Daniel Webster, Orlando staff
* Senator Andy Gardiner, Florida Senate, Orlando staff
* Representative, Randolph Bracy, Florida House of Representatives
* Representative, Victor Torres, Florida House of Representatives
* Sheriff Jerry Demings, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
* Kathy Shuler, Associate Superintendent for School Transformation Office-Parent Academy
* Carlos Smith, DEC Chair
* Lew Oliver, OCREC Chair
Translation services in Spanish and Haitian Creole will be available.
For more information, contact Orange County Public Schools at 407.317.3236.
Light refreshments will be served.